Sunday 12 February 2012

Sweets are treats but liquor is quicker

Happy Sunday!

It's a cold and drizzly end to the weekend so a great excuse to snoodle up on the sofa with a terrific amount of comfort food (comfood?) and my laptop. Usually I'd feel a guilty for lounging about like this, but as I've been looking all kinds of cool, busting my nut on Xbox Sports for the past hour I feel I THOROUGHLY deserve it.

Anywhoo, it's been a while but I thought I'd reconnect with blogspot with a post about one of my most favoured things in life... Food? No. Writing? No. Ebay-ing? Not quite..

...It is infact, alcohol.

Now I want to make this as tasteful as possible. No of that "aah maa gaaad ah was soo pissed it was like shiiit" here! Instead I'll show you all my recent attempt at cocktail making! Well, it was more like alcholic smoothie attempts as my friend and I got a little trigger happy with the fruit.


Pretty nifty huh? Easily doable if you've got a bucket full of fruit, a blender and your favourite alcofrolic beverage


This particular beauty consisted of two punnets of strawberries, milk, pineapple, an apple, two bananas, a lime, vodka and alcoholic grenadine. The grenadine can be bought from most booze shops and goes in last to get the deep red marble-y look in the drink that eventually sinks to the bottom. The pineapple top just makes it, and to think I was moments away from throwing it away!

So, we've had the angel of the pack. Now for something a litte more devious and a hell of a lot stronger.






I was honoured to try out my first 'Sexy Ass Motherfucker' at Cubana (where else) not long ago. A friend who works behind the bar asked me if I'd ever tried a SAMF... He got a confused expression for his efforts but made me one none the less. Now this badboy is a real kick up the bum as it contains espresso, vodka, kahlua, malibu and some sort of Italian spirit that I can't quite remember the name of. Handle with care mind, I can't recall what happened the rest of the night!






No comments:

Post a Comment